How does the Challenge work?
- Students from secondary and tertiary institutions are invited to participate.
- Students are taught and mentored throughout the competition.
- Students get to trade their goods and services to the public through a variety of marketplace opportunities.
- At the end of the trading period, business reports are submitted for judging. The loan is repaid.
- Participants are encouraged to give back to their Community at the Charity Event.
- Workshops are conducted to hone their business acumen.
- Winners are chosen!
Each year, the BEF seeks to expand and improve on the competition. In 2015, we introduced a Student Marketplace. Every year, we expand the Student Marketplace and hope to include televised elements of the contest, as well as a ‘Peoples Choice’ award. Winners' videos from 2013, 2014 and 2015 can be found on YouTube, as well as videos of the Student Marketplace.